REIKI FOR ANIMALS
- Prevent illness through helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance
- Heal emotionally: following trauma, abuse, neglect, and fear and trust issues
- Induce deep relaxation and stress-reduction, reducing the tendency toward nervousness over time
- Relieve pain and speed up recovery from surgery or long-term illness
- Provide compassionate support that can make a transition to death in a more peaceful way for all concerned
Unlike a structured Reiki session for humans, the location and length of time for the session may vary depending on the animal. Sessions should take place in a setting where the animal is most comfortable: generally at home. During the session, the animal will be able to freely move about, and be able to decide where and when he or she will accept the Reiki energy. The practitioner will offer the Reiki energy from a distance at first so that the animal is able to make the choice to accept the energy or not. If the animal is accepting, the practitioner may move closer and offer hands-on healing. The animal may even move one body part closer to the practitioner’s hands in order to receive the healing in a certain area. There is no set amount of time for healing: animals may choose to move away and return to the healing many times throughout the session. Eventually animals move away from the practitioner and make the decision to end the session.